I have been a busy boy. Quietly in the background these last couple of weeks I have been plodding along in the evenings doing the odd bit here and the odd bit there.
Throw in a chest infection, putting my back out picking up my nephew and being generally bloody busy across the board I think I have done pretty well so far. Whenever I look at the van though the 90 day limit alarm bell rings at the back of my mind. I should really figure out when that date is so I have something to aim for.
So what's been happening then? I set to fitting the vapour barrier over the insulation. This was a nice steady easy job that used about a hundred meters of tape...
The electrics were first fixed, the battens refitted and then I had the pleasure of battening the whole of the inside. I needed framework in place to attach the tongue and groove wood. Seeing as I didn't really want "boxy" corners it did take a bit of time to to create the curved framing on the roof.
The sides were easy enough...they just go straight up. The roof though...
It took some fiddling, a little cursing and more than a couple of walk aways from the whole damned thing but it hasn't turned out too bad.
Then it was just the final meeting up of the boards on the ceiling. Of course they were not a perfect match but when working with wood nothings perfect. A quick strip of wood later and the finished article is not too bad even if it looks like a log cabin :)